fbq('track', 'ViewContent'); fbq('track', 'Search'); fbq('track', 'InitiateCheckout'); fbq('track', 'Lead'); fbq('track', 'CompleteRegistration');


First, go to the emergency room if the injury requires immediate medical attention. Next, please notify your supervisor/employer of the injury right away. Finally, call IFWAA at 866-430-3461 to begin your claims process.

IFWAA’s claims management specialists are trained to provide case management for federal workers injured on or off the job. They can help you complete all CA forms, track deadlines and communicate with your supervisor, Office of Workers’ Compensation Program (OWCP), nurse case manager and union representative. Our specialists can also help you file for lost wages and continuation of pay. All IFWAA services are offered at no charge to federal workers. Call us today at 866-430-3461 with questions or to start your claim.

The injury claims process has many steps and can be confusing. IFWAA offers free case management, so there’s no need to hire an attorney. We simplify the process for you. We will refer you to Office of Workers’ Compensation Program (OWCP) medical doctors and physicians in your community, who are trained and vetted. When you use IFWAA as your case manager, there’s no need to use your personal insurance for payment of your therapy or surgical procedures—and there’s no co-pays or deductibles.

You will begin seeing the doctor and receiving medical treatment as soon as you are hurt—not after your Office of Workers Compensation claim has been approved. And if your claim is denied for some reason, your private insurance will never be charged for treatment—and you will never receive medical bills from IFWAA or an IFWAA-referred medical provider.

The OWCP classifies injuries in two types. Traumatic injuries (CA-1) are defined as a wound or condition caused by a specific event or series of events or incidents within a single work day or work shift. These injuries are identifiable based on time, place of occurrence or member/function of your body that’s affected. Examples include dog bites, straining your knee after tripping and falling, neck strain after an auto accident, or breaking an ankle after slipping on ice.

Occupational injuries (CA-2) are diseases, illnesses or medical conditions produced in the work environment over a long period of time (longer than a single workday or shift). This includes systemic infections, repeated stresses or strains, exposure to hazardous elements (toxins, fumes, poisons, noise, radiation, etc.).

Issues like:

  • What types of injuries are covered through the Department of Labor?
  • Can my employer threaten my job because of my claim?
  • How can I make my employer stop giving me the runaround about my injury?
  • Do I have to use the doctor that my employer sent me to, or can I choose my own?
  • What is continuation of pay, and do I qualify for COP?

You will never receive a bill from the IFWAA for any service that we offer to the injured employee. We advocate for injured federal employees at absolutely no cost to them. You have absolutely nothing to lose but everything to gain by becoming our client and allowing us to advocate on your behalf.

IFWAA is a national corporation that is currently representing clients in certain geographical locations. Please call our office with the details surrounding your claim to see if we have an office in your area. Getting started today is as easy as making a phone call to 800-487-6360 and speaking with one of our Injury Advocates about your claim. We make the process for getting started today a simple one.

Call IFWAA today at 800-487-6360 to speak to one of our trained claims management specialists.